The Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation--Your Physician Foundation
Who We Are
The Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Twin Cities Medical Society and has a rich history of responding to the needs of the community. Initiating a mass immunization effort aimed at rubella was one of its initial projects in the 1970s; today the Foundation’s priority is to provide funding to organizations that offer health care services and connection to available resources to our underserved residents.
The Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation is a physician-led philanthropic organization that strives to improve the health and wellbeing of the community through strategic initiatives.
- Grant Application Information
- Boeckmann Community Service and Leadership Award
- Shotwell Award
- Charles Bolles Bolles - Rogers Award
- TCMSF Board of Directors
Honoring Choices Minnesota® is the stalwart public health initiative of the Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation, working in collaboration with organizations throughout Minnesota and the nation to promote advance care planning. Who will speak for you if you can’t speak for yourself? Advance care planning is all about thinking and talking about that question well before the need arises. Honoring Choices Minnesota® helps people understand what advance care planning is, why it matters, and how to begin the conversation. www.honoringchoices.org
Recent beneficiaries of Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation grant dollars include:
- Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery – Pediatric Assessment and Medical Management Program
- Minnesota Mental Health Community Foundation – Fast-Tracker Program
- Minnesota Visiting Nurses Agency – JumpStart Screens
- North Metro Pediatrics – Healthy Beginnings Program
- Phillips Neighborhood Clinic – Clinic Operations: lab tests and medications
- Physicians Serving Physicians – A peer program that provides support to physicians, families and colleagues who are affected by addiction.
Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation is honored to provide four awards to our medical and health care community:
- Boeckmann Community Service Award – This award is given to a member of the Twin Cities Medical Society who is considered an “unsung physician hero” having served in a voluntary capacity in the leadership and development of special community projects or programs; has participated in civic or service organizations/groups; has participated in educational charitable, church or other projects; or has held public office.
- Charles Bolles Bolles-Rogers Award – First awarded in 1952, candidates for the award are nominated by their colleagues at Twin Cities area hospitals and clinics for contributions to medical research, achievement or leadership in medicine and considered to be an outstanding physician by his or her peers
- Shotwell Award – Presented to a person within the state of Minnesota for a noteworthy effort in the field of health care, including dedicated service to mankind; significant break-through in some form of research or significant contribution to the field of medicine; or innovations and /or improvements in health care delivery. This award is not limited to physicians or other professionals in the health care field.
- Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation Scholarship - A $3,000 scholarship is awarded annually to a Medical Student for excellence in leadership, service and advocacy in health care.
Funding for the Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation has come through various donations including, most notably, the legacy of Dr. Eduard Boeckmann, a man remembered for his charitable contributions to medicine and unimpeachable character to practice, and for the development of surgical catgut treated with pyoktanin. The manufacture and proceeds from this suture were donated to the Ramsey County Medical Society to support and cover the expense of a medical library. Following the closing of the library, these funds were transferred to the Boeckmann Fund maintained today by the TCMS Foundation.
Other legacy gifts, donations in honor of or in memory of a colleague, friend or family member, and an annual appeal to the Twin Cities Medical Society members continue to provide the basis for grant dollar allocations.
Your contributions are welcomed!
Donations to the Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation can be made at any time throughout the year, and particularly in honor or memory of a colleague, friend and/or family member. Please make your check payable to TCMSF and mail to Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation, 1300 Godward Street NE, Suite 2000, Minneapolis, MN 55413. Donations can also be made online. If you wish to designate your gift please include a brief note. Gifts are used to support the mission to improve the health and wellbeing of the community.