Reports & Facts
Minnesota Reports & Facts
• Minnesota Obesity Plan: The Minnesota Plan to Reduce Obesity and Obesity-Related Chronic Diseases is a call to action. We invite you to join us in making the reduction of obesity a priority, and helping to make Minnesota truly the healthiest state in the nation. [ View: Minnesota Obesity Plan ]• MN Department of Health: Overweight and Obesity [ View MDH Report ]
• MN Department of Health: Fact Sheets and Data [ View MDH Fact Sheets ]
National Reports & Facts
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Overweight and Obesity [ View CDC Report ]
• F as in Fat 2012 Report: The number of obese adults, along with related disease rates and health care costs, are on course to increase dramatically in every state in the country over the next 20 years, according to "F as in Fat: How Obesity Threatens America's Future 2012", a report released by Trust for America's Health (TFAH) and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF). [ View: F as in Fat 2012 Report ]
^ Back to top
Toolkits & Resources
• Planning for Agriculture: A Guide for Connecticut Municipalities - this 63-page guide is a tool to assist town boards, local elected officials and citizen advocates in finding ways to support local farms and farm businesses and to retain and protect farmland. Divided into seven simple yet informative sections, the update features new case studies, resources, and pertinent general statutes and court cases that relate to agriculture.
• Leadership for Healthy Communities Action Strategies Toolkit: The policy options and resources within the Leadership for Healthy Communities Action Strategies Toolkit represent a collection of current best approaches that have been identified, evaluated and selected by Leadership for Healthy Communities and the policy-maker organizations that have participated in the program. [ View: Leadership for Healthy Communities Action Strategies Toolkit ]
• Developed by Leadership for Health Communities, "Obesity Prevention on a Budget: Low and No Cost Policy Options to Increase Health Eating and Active Living" presents a range of budget-conscious policy approaches that leverage existing resources and partnerships to reduce local obesity rates by increasing opportunities for healthy eating and physical activity.
[ View: Obesity Prevention on a Budget Website ] [ Download: Obesity Prevention on a Budget PDF ]
• Mayors Guide to Fighting Childhood Obesity - [ Download: PDF Guide ]
• Strategies for Enhancing the Built Environment fo Support Health Eating and Active Living outlines a range of organizational practices and public policies being considered to improve the built environment in support of health eating and regular physical activity.
• CDC Guide to Strategies for Reducing the Consumption of Sugar Sweetened Beverages [ Download Report ]
• National Alliance for Nutrition & Activity; Model Beverage and Food Vending Machine Standards [ Download Report ]
• Product List
• Revenue Fact Sheet
• NAN Model Vending Standards
• Model Healthy Vending Bill
• Open Streets Project - Guide to Best Practices [ Visit Website ]
• Healthy Food Access: Find resources designed to improve healthy food access in communities, build local economies, and enhance public health. Tap into a learning network that's using retail strategies to connect consumers to healthy food.
^ Back to top
Resources for Parents